image
image

image
image
 

Michigan

Macomb County

We have had three meeting houses, the first erected in 1833, the second in 1842, and the present commodious and tasteful one was completed in May, 1877. These have all been on the same lot, and no location could be more desirable in the town. The house is gothic in style, with a commanding tower, and all most thoroughly and satisfactorily built. The work is first-class work from foundation to turret, inside and out. The building embraces this audience room, 65 by 52 feet, seating 600 persons, and can easily accommodate 800 people by bringing in extra seats; a chapel which seats 200, and can be made to seat 300 by throwing back the sliding doors; a ladies' parlor, a library room and a Dorcas room; all these on the first floor. There are furnace and domestic apartments, cisterns, etc., in the basement. The building is lighted throughout with gas.

Early Macomb County


Page 20


 






Please help us keep this site online and to continue to bring sites like this one.
Thank you



image
image
image

Site Map | Chapter Index | MICHIGAN
Saginaw ValleyII | Lucius Lyon | Michigan 1-5 | Michigan 6 | Michigan 7 | Michigan 8 | Michigan 9 | Michigan 19 | Michigan 11 | Michigan 12 | Michigan 13 | Michigan 14 | Michigan 15 | Michigan 16 | Michigan 17 |Indian Doctor | Reminiscences | 1787 | Questions | Settlement | Yerks
image