image
image

image
image
 

Michigan

Jackson

Jerome B. Eaton immigrated to Michigan in 1834, settled in Adrian where he remained until 1842, when he removed to Jackson, and at one engaged in active business as a merchant. In 1858 Col. Eaton formed co-partnership with Charles K.Knickerbocker, and established the whole sale grocery house of Eaton & Knickerbocker. For eight years this firm was one of the largest dealers in their line of business in the state. Col Eaton was president of the village in 1846, was supervisor for several years, member of the legislature in 1851, for four years member of the board of public works, and is now president of the Michigan Air Line Railroad Company, which office he has held since the organization the company. W. W. Langdon settled in Jackson in 1835, and has been a resident, of the place to the present time, except one year that he lived in Na poleon.

Jackson
Section 4


Page 7


 


image



Please consider making a donation to help offset expenses to keep this site online.
Thank you



image
image
image

Site Map | Chapter Index | MICHIGAN
Counties | Towns | The Blackhawk War | Southwestern michigan | Early Recollections | | Bagley | Eldorado | New Life | Navarre
Maxwell | Territorial Road| Pioneer Life | Battle Creek | Stebbins | William Burt | Pilcher | Chase | Lamb
image