image
image

image
image
 

Michigan

Jackson

Norman Allen came to Michigan in 1833. He owned and kept the tavern three miles east of the city, afterwards known as the McArthur tavern stand. In 1835 he bought the stock in trade of Amos Temple, consisting of books and clothing. For many years Mr. Allen was actively engaged in business. He is now, and for some time has been, acting agent for fire insurance companies. George Byrne settled in Jackson in 1838. He was elected register of deeds in 1840, and served two years. He also served very acceptably as justice of the peace for several years. His son, Gilbert R. Byrne, has been in the banking house of Cooper, Thompson & Co., and with the Jaekson City Bank for many years. He is now assistant cashier of the last named institution.

Jackson
Section 4


Page 2


 


image



Please consider making a donation to help offset expenses to keep this site online.
Thank you



image
image
image

Site Map | Chapter Index | MICHIGAN
Counties | Towns | The Blackhawk War | Southwestern michigan | Early Recollections | | Bagley | Eldorado | New Life | Navarre
Maxwell | Territorial Road| Pioneer Life | Battle Creek | Stebbins | William Burt | Pilcher | Chase | Lamb
image