image
image

image
image
 

Michigan

Jackson


In 1839 S. Blackwell & Co. kept the New York store, and W. Baker the Boston store. Burnell & Fish, A. Bennett, Dibble & Turnbull, and Green & Jessup were merchants keeping a general assorment of goods. Grocery stores were kept by Anderson & Rogers and Munson & Giles. Horace Duryea, J. H. Rodgers, and Thomas Miller were makers and dealers in boots and shoes. Lorenzo Griswold, Wright Chittock, L. Graves, C. L. Mitchell and Gregg & Eggleston were tailors. J. D. Cow-den made and sold furniture. He sold to C. E. Silsbee, and he to W. Collamer. H. A. Rider sold plastering hair. The Jackson Academy was kept by Mr. Dudley. Joel H. Rice kept livery stable. Terry & MeLean kept a drug store. Dr. E. D. Merriman was a practicing physician. The Exchange Hotel was kept by William A. Munroe. The firm of Farrand, Johnson & Higby was practicing law.

Jackson
Section 4


Page 1


 


image



Please consider making a donation to help offset expenses to keep this site online.
Thank you



image
image
image

Site Map | Chapter Index | MICHIGAN
Counties | Towns | The Blackhawk War | Southwestern michigan | Early Recollections | | Bagley | Eldorado | New Life | Navarre
Maxwell | Territorial Road| Pioneer Life | Battle Creek | Stebbins | William Burt | Pilcher | Chase | Lamb
image